Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 6th Edition by James R. Hupp , Myron R. Tucker and Edward Ellis III
Brand new, Paperback
A comprehensive guide to oral surgery procedures, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 6th Edition enhances your skills in evaluation, diagnosis, and patient management. Full-color photographs and drawings show how to perform basic surgical techniques, and an overview of more advanced surgical procedures includes guidelines on when to refer patients to specialists and how to provide supportive postoperative care. This edition also includes the latest developments in dental implants, instrumentation, and current technology. Written by well-known OMS educators James R. Hupp, Myron R. Tucker, and Edward Ellis III, this book is a valuable reference for any dental office.
- Complex Exodontia chapter describes techniques for surgical tooth extraction, including the principles of flap design, development, management, and suturing, as well as open extraction of single- and multi-rooted teeth, multiple extractions, and concomitant alveoloplasty.
- Management of Medical Emergencies chapter helps you prepare for, prevent, and manage the most common emergencies that may occur in the dental office setting.
- Management of Facial Fractures chapter outlines the fundamental principles for evaluation and treatment of the patient with facial trauma.
- Infection Control chapter describes proper cleaning and sterilization of office environment, working surfaces, armamentarium, and personnel to help you prevent the injuries and illnesses that result from improper sterilizing and disinfecting.
- Convenient appendices offer quick access to resources such as current price lists for key instruments, office record tips, sample drug schedules, examples of prescriptions, and consent forms.
- UPDATED content on implants, new instruments, and the latest technology help you treat your patients more effectively.
- UPDATED Implant Treatment information is divided into two new chapters, one on basic concepts and techniques for clinical situations where adequate bone and soft tissue exists and implants can be placed into a well-healed area of bone, and another chapter on more complex concepts focusing on cases that require immediate implant placement and cases where bone and soft tissue augmentation may be required.
- UPDATED Facial Cosmetic Surgery chapter is organized by nonsurgical and surgical procedures, covering popular procedures such as dermal fillers, botox, facial resurfacing, browlift and forehead procedures, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, and rhytidectomy.
- UPDATED Medicolegal Considerations chapter reviews concepts of liability, risk management, methods of risk reduction, and actions that should be taken if a malpractice suit is filed against the dentist or a dentist’s employee.
- UPDATED Correction of Dentofacial Deformities chapter includes new information on conventional treatment planning, image prediction, and 3D virtual computerized surgical planning.
- UPDATED Surgical Reconstruction of Defects of the Jaws chapter includes new information on Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs).
There are no reviews yet.