PACES for the MRCP: with 250 Clinical Cases by by Tim Hall
Brand New, paperback
British Medical Association Book Awards 2009 – Highly Commended, Medicine
Clinical examinations in the OSCE style of marked stations are daunting for all students, whether undergraduates or MRCP candidates. The recent introduction of the 5-station PACES (Progressive Assessment of Clinical Examination Skills) exam inspired a great deal of apprehension, so the appearance of the first edition of Hall’s PACES for MRCP was greatly welcomed by candidates and became an immediate success. This new edition builds on the book’s reputation. It provides, in one colourful and attractive volume, complete coverage of all the most common medical cases that will be covered in PACES and similar exams. Although designed specifically for the PACES part of the MRCP exam, its in-depth coverage means that it can be used by any student preparing for clinical examinations in medicine.
- A one-volume text giving candidates complete preparation for the PACES exam within one portable volume
- 250 cases organised into the 5 stations of the PACES exam – respiratory and abdominal system, history taking, cardiovascular and nervous system, communication and ethics and skin, locomotion, eyes and endocrine systems
- Engaging question-and-answer approach at the end of each case – excellent preparation for the exam
- Boxed tips highlight vital information – helps identify what is most important to remember
- Fully revised for the new Station 5 and completely updated throughout.